Friday, September 2, 2011

Smiley Sociology Study #8 - Rare Animals


Image © Rachel Hoyt.  All rights reserved.

I'm a bit late starting, but thought September would be
a great month for returning to my Smiley Sociology Studies.
This month I'd like to read posts about rare animals...
One that was kept as a pet by some late cannibals?
One that is only known to smarty pants like yourself?
One that can only be bought illegally with great wealth?
One which only exists one place, quite far from the city?
One which you'd mourn if it no longer lived to roam free?

Remember, your post need NOT be poetry.
Bloggers of all types may use Mister Linky.
I only ask that you stick to this month's chosen theme,
read others' post and leave comments (that aren't mean).
Next month, after I've analyzed all your posts,
I'll write my own rhyme and link to the entries I liked most.
If you don't already have a rare animal in mind,
do a search on Google and just see what you find!


Non rhyming directions for the poetry challenged:

(1) Create a new post about a rare animal or link to one that was already on your blog. Please note: your post does not need to be poetic or rhyming. All styles of blogs are welcome as long as their post is about rare animals.

(2) Please include a link back to the Smiley Sociology Study within your post to help spread the word about the link exchange. The more "data" / posts I have to peruse, the better pseudo sociological results I can produce!

(3) copy the link for that post and paste link into Mister Linky below.
Please link directly to the post you want to share, not to your home page.
I will delete your link from the study if I cannot find a rare animal themed post to link to directly.

(4) leave a comment here to let me know you've posted a link

(5) read links left by others and tell them (nicely) what you think

21 comments:

  1. A rhyming cat is pretty rare
    Maybe I'll try and find a multi coloured hare..haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Bryan - Yay! I always look forward to your contributions. :)

    @Pat Hatt - How about a REAL animal that's rare? One for which people should care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rachel, you are a rara avis yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, interesting study. My husband's a rare animal. Does that count? :)

    And thanks for your fun contribution to last week's Limerick-Off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel,
    This was a lot of fun! Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Debra - Hehehe. Want to write about me?

    @Madeleine - Some men could definitely qualify for this study, but I hope yours isn't THAT rare... is he??? :P

    @Lolamouse - Your Capybara entry was unique, fun and rhymetastic. Thanks for kicking off the study with a post that's fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A rare animal!!! Now where do I get that!I am sure some will come up with unique ones

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rimly - I look forward to reading your entry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Rachel! --

    FUN IDEA -- I can't wait to see where your Mr. Linksey travels take you!

    I'm sending you a link to a post to contribute to your Sociological Studies about rare animals. Look for the video at the bottom about the skateboarding dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel -- I might have goofed! In the process of re-reading your instructions, I wonder if I linked you to a qualified post? I thought you would like to include the rare dog video into the rhyme you're going to write, but I would not describe the "theme" of the post as "about rare animals". If that doesn't work I can trade it out for "Phoenix Rising" Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Dangerous Linda - I loved the post you linked in! Feel free to link in your Phoenix Rising post too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wrote about one of my favorite little critters of Oregon. I don't write informational stuff well so bare with me on that. Sounds a bit dry I think. I apologize.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Jim - I still think of the Chameleon as rare even if he's not on the endangered list. Thanks for sharing that interesting info! I had no idea he was persecuted so. :(

    @Jan - Your post was great! Not dry... informative. I would know nothing of the tree vole without you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI all of you unfortunately I do not have enough time yet to read yours but will do on my next day off. Writing about the Platypus was really fun hope you enjoy it too :-).
    Rachel great that the Smiley Sociology Study is back - I missed it badly :-) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Bee - OMG. The platypus diary was SO FUN to read! :) Thanks for joining in the study! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are welcome it was so fun to write it. I saw the platypus on Deadly 60 with the kids and just had to write about it... Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you have a great day too, Bee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Got around to writing a post this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. And now you have some news to rhyme your sociology to.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for joining in the study Bryan & Scott! I enjoyed both of your posts a whole lot!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...