Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday Special - Daylight Saving Time Quatern

Love Sleep, Hate the Leap!
by Rachel Hoyt

Image by digitalart via freedigitalphotos.net

I hate losing an hour of sleep.
It makes me behave like a creep -
Snapping my tongue 'bout everything,
Louder than a punk star can sing.

I try not to say a peep, but
I hate losing an hour of sleep.
I grew up in Arizona -
We keep time the way we wanna.

I love Cali, 'cept the time change.
The practice, to me, feels quite strange.
I hate losing an hour of sleep.
It makes me want to eat and weep.

It turns Sunday lazy into
Nothing day feeling tough to do.
Get ready!  It's time for the leap.
(I hate losing an hour of sleep.)

© 2012 Rachel Hoyt.  All rights reserved.


11 comments:

  1. I agree with you
    I wish they'd take this leap and shove it up their gazoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ADORABLE! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate, hate, hate Daylight Savings Time. It's so pointless.

    (Of course, I wouldn't be doing my blogging duty if I didn't mention my own post that I wrote a long while back about Daylight Savings :D

    http://nheadache.blogspot.com/2010/11/saving-daylight.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your theme appropriate shout outs are welcome here. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm right there with you! I absolutely dread tomorrow morning when we have to be at church, ready to sing, an hour early . . .
    Cute poem, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! Exactly. I dumbly made an appointment to drop my car off at the mechanic super early on Monday. Why oh why... :P

      Delete
  5. HAHA! I hate losing an hour of sleep too! Good thing my church has 3 services. Starting at 9:00, 11:00, and 1:00... guess which one I'll be attending? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello.
    Stopping by from your blogoversary post.
    I hear you! I have a sleep disorder, so every little bit of sleep I can get is precious.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...