Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday Thoughts - Dumb Criminals

Three Limericks Inspired by Dumb Crimes of the Week
by Rachel Hoyt
Image by Simon Howden via freedigitalphotos.net

Many criminals are smart as tacks and smooth as snakes,
but some have short lived careers and seem like fakes.
They're so funny that you just don't know what to do,
except if you're me, who writes rhymes for you.


If you make yourself an ID
To take to the bank for money
Pick one you look like
(Some plain dude named Mike)
Don't pose as a celebrity.

© 2012 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.


When making yourself a website
It's important to get the name right
But don't name your crime
Or you will do time
And the whole world will laugh with delight.

© 2012 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.


Bank robbers don't always succeed,
So bring the cab fare you may need.
You can't just go back
For the cash you lack
But the cabbie will make you concede.

© 2012 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.


 
Each Thursday I post an original rhyme
inspired by wacky news of the time.
 Click on the above titles to see
the news stories that inspired me.
Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

17 comments:

  1. How funny :) Loving your rhymes more and more each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary! That's a sign that I'm improving and that is the goal!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever, clever, clever! Crime does not pay, and you have made this so humorously clear here, Rachel!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha! Crime definitely does not pay. :) xo

      Delete
  4. Hi, Rachel! ~

    Thank you for making current events so palatable ;-)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure if I'm going to repeatedly point out how crazy the world is, I better do it in a fun way! :P xo

      Delete
  5. You do such a wonderful job of making me smile...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that, Jan. I love spreading smiles! :)

      Delete
  6. Hahahaha! I remember that one! I had forgotten it when I wrote this post, but remember it now. Couldn't believe the dude would waste time signing into facebook during a burglery. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the laughter and smiles...ha..ha...

    http://a-sweetlust.blogspot.com/2012/03/numbed.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah the cab driver is gonna get his! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever, and a good giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Rachel - these are so funny! I loved all! You really made a great start of the day! Thanks a lot!
    Best, M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I could help you start your day with a smile. Thanks for visiting, Mariya. :)

      Delete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...