Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday Thoughts - Helicopter Noise

Shushing Helicopters
by Rachel Hoyt

Image by africa via freedigitalphotos.net


Helicopter, helicopter I hear you.
Helicopter, your noise makes me blue.
I worry for the reason that you hover -
I'm also sad for those who say that the noise
disrupts their sleep and wrecks their poise.

Is it possible that your cousin, the fan,
could show you the quieter ways that the man
has invented in more recent days
which have made his cool ways
even cooler than they were before
because he no longer sounds like a snore?

Are stealth spy-copters only in the movies?
Are the quietest helicopters the military's?
Could it be that the problem is in the design
and the flight patterns they use now are fine?
The more that helicopters fly over my town,
the more I wonder about the noise they send down.

© 2012 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.
Teachnorati Tags: , , , , ,

I searched and searched, but couldn't find,
helicopter information that truly blew my mind,
so I think I'll write to Mental Floss to see
if they can track down better info for you and me.

12 comments:

  1. How very interesting Rachel. I don't hear many helicopters in our area. But when I do, I always take note to see what kind it is and where it is from, if I can see it ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The helicopters have been shaking my studio a bit, but I'm not too close to the new helipad, so I've no need to complain. :)

      Delete
  2. Those black helicopters that you can't hear
    Are near
    Run far away
    Before they get you and lock you up in Pelican bay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Perhaps that is what I need to confirm my story! :)

      Delete
  3. Looking for mind-blowing helicopter info?

    I'll have to see what I can do about that. (I can't promise that it will be 100% factual.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think the locals that read my stuff might prefer info that's true, but none-the-less, we'd love an Onion style report by you. :)

      Delete
  4. Maybe it could also take notes from the new AC, car engines etc... You are so right - I wonder why they can't do it with the helicopters : ). I had never questioned it before : ))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And those fans and AC are pretty affordable, right? :) :) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Cool rhyme, I never thought about making a poem about helicopters and fans before. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyce. My mind does take me to some strange places. :)

      Delete
  6. I feel your pain, I live within escaping distance of a nearby prison so when I hear a helicopter, it usually means someone is on the run and the police are searching for them. Annoyingly they never seem to try escaping in the day and worryingly it seems to happen quite often :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when I hear them in my neighborhood I do worry it's a police copter, because I don't live very close to the hospital. Thankfully I don't hear them too too much.

      Delete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...