Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday Thoughts - Pinching and the Leprechaun Defense

Leprechaun-itis
by Rachel Hoyt

Image © 2012 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.

A fellow named Pat liked to pinch
And found sneaking it was a cinch
Around the office
If he was cautious
And no one saw his fancy flinch.

But after five years of wincing
About phantom finger pinching
The gals around work
Pledged to find the jerk
Causing dreadful derriere dimpling.

It didn't take long to see that
The most likely culprit was Pat.
So they turned him in,
To H.R. boss, Finn,
Who said he'd stop the pinching brat.

But the thing that no one foresaw,
The defense that left all in awe -
"Leprechaun-itis
makes me pinch like this.
Been doing it since birth. Ask my ma."

Poem "Leprechaun-itis" © 2012 Rachel Hoyt.  All rights reserved.


So... why do we pinch people on St. Patrick's Day?
Click here for the reasons why we act that way.

14 comments:

  1. Cute limerick! Thanks for the reminder-I'll be sure to wear green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green on the day...love the Limerick Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed your reminder limerick. :)

      Delete
  3. smiles..we don't pinch people on St. Patrick's Day over here..but maybe i should start doing so...smiles..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what we Americans would do... take the excuse to drink and behave badly! :P smiles

      Delete
  4. Made me smile mate, which after a days nursing is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL crap I knew that what I had
    Thanks for diagnosising this lad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Who knew I was a doctor?
      Or are you my imagination's proctor?

      Delete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...