Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wacky Word Wednesday - Antipodean

Antipodean
by Rachel Hoyt


Antipodean
Could describe women and men,
Democrat vs Republican,
Day vs night or dark vs light.

Converse, inverse, obverse, and reverse
Things are things we can
Say are antipodean.

© 2012 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.


Every week I rhyme and define a new wacky word.
Come on over to indulge your inner nerd.
And, please let me know of any weird words you've heard!
Thank you, @reedtome for tweeting me this word!


Technorati Tags: Words, Vocabulary, Poem, Rhyme, Antipodean, Poetry

18 comments:

  1. My inner nerd was truly satisfied today! Great word and poem, Rachel! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep as different as can be
    All of those and more at each sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far and wide as the sea...
      Yep, that's how dif'rent they be. :)

      (I don't know why I love reversing your rhymes so much...)

      Delete
  3. Ah, my word-a-week calendar...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can count on me for a few bonus rounds too. I love writing these. :)

      Delete
  4. Cool word, I will have to try and use it. Course no one will know what I'm saying. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you'll have two choices... teach them the word (boring) or say it super mysteriously while pointing at somthing and nodding. They'll either ask you or nod along pretending they already know. :) :)

      Delete
  5. Neat...not sure I even knew that word before coming here! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what Wacky Word Wednesday is for! :) :) :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyce! I love being called unique. :)

      Delete
  7. I love my Wednesday visit the most Rachel, because I always learn a new word...most times one that I couldn't even begin to imagine how to spell if my life depended on it LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, Mary. These seem to (slowly) be getting popular. :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Hi Janaki. :) No, you are not antipodean... unless there are two of you and YOU are the opposite of you. :)

      Delete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...