Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wacky Word Wednesday - Japes

Japes
by Rachel Hoyt


Image by jiggoja via freedigitalphotos.net

I like to rhyme jolly japes,
Joke and laugh like a bunch of apes,
Jest about juggling green grapes,
And spread the word that jokes are japes.

© 2012 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.

Every week I rhyme and define a new wacky word.
Come on over to indulge your inner nerd.
And, please let me know of any weird words you've heard!



Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,


I've linked this rhyme in at the Poetry Pantry.
Come on over if you wish to read more good poetry.

18 comments:

  1. That was nice... I have a word in mind, its not weird but would love to see it in a rhyme - balaclava - what say you Rachel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh... balaclava! That sounds fun to rhyme indeed!! I probably won't use it for wacky word Wednesday, but I'll try to find a way to work it in for you. :) :)

      Delete
    2. All this time I was thinking I was rhyming baklava for you... Now I see balaclava is much more unique. :)

      Delete
  2. I look forward to these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apes and japes, two of my favourite things :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, yet another word I didn't know, Rachel. Fantastic job!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  5. Japes, hmmm? Sounds like a strawberry banana flavor of ice cream. Or, oooooh hey!, maybe really, really juicy grape Popsicles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. It does seem like a good grape popsicle name. :)

      Delete
  6. That was great! I always love seeing what you will come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I'm glad you enjoy them so much. :) :)

      Delete
  7. Of course apes like grapes! They're good for throwing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful play with rhymes....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rashmi! I had fun with the rhymes here for sure. :)

      Delete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...