Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday Thoughts - Turtle Marriage is Tough Too

Tortoise Photo by Michael Elliott via freedigitalphotos.net



I was saddened to hear that your wedding bliss has turned moldy
and that you're demanding that your future days be lived solely
for thine own pleasure with plenty of private space to treasure
because your marriage has evolved into boring, mundane leisure.

I know you've already endured bits of counseling
and feel your desires have little to no chance of bouncing
back to the early days when your skin glowed
and your love for one another proudly showed...

Yet I can't help but wonder if a reconstructed environment
could somehow help you begin to invent
a new life where you aren't completely alone
and are both happy to call your home?

Perhaps an architect and expert in fung shui
would be the type to guide the way.
What you need is a space that feels totally new,
has space for twosome time and some for just you.

Maybe adopting a "child" would give your relationship new purpose
like the pigs loved by a tiger or the hippo who is friends with a tortoise?
We all need a drastic change of pace sometimes,
but ditching friends and loved ones is like trading lemons for limes.

Turtley sour times shall pass if you're patient a while.

Take care,

Rachel Hoyt
of Rhyme Me a Smile


© 2012 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,


For more turtle and tortoise news, be sure to visit my other blog: Pokey's Pals.


If you want to read more of my rhymes
based on comments found online,
visit my column at the Santa Barbara Independent sometime.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice, poor guys are having some serious issues. love this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. I hope the zoo can work it out for them. So cute that they tried play therapy first. :)

      Delete
  2. Definitely--definitely--the only poem I've ever read about turtle marriage. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jack! Dddd..definitely the only thing I've seen about turtle marriage and I have a Google news alert for turtles! :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, what more to say? I get all the images clearly, there's a huge pay-off, big enough to go back and read it again, and there's that funny pic! Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, kolembo! I love that you would read it again. :) :) :)

      Delete
  4. Hello.
    Stopping by from your blogoversary post.
    Turtle marriage? Who knew! Just awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...