Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wacky Word Wednesday - Nescient

Nescient
(neh shent)
by Rachel Hoyt
 
image by Stuart Miles via freedigitalphotos.net
 
 
One described as nescient,
Is quite UN-omniscient,
He or she is ign'rant,
With knowledge so NOT pregnant,
And not so reminiscent -
Aptly described as nescient.
 
© 2012 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.
 
 
Every week I rhyme and define a new wacky word.
Come on over to indulge your inner nerd.
And, please let me know of any weird words you've heard.
 
 
Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

10 comments:

  1. Quite naive, I'd add. :) Another clever poem, Rachel. I so enjoyed it!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was nescient about nescience until this post showed me the light!

    (Apparently spell-check is nescient about it too, but spell check is nescient about a lot of words.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, spell check is quite nescient on Wacky Word Wednesday. :)

      Delete
  3. I came across this word a few months ago...A handy little word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I learned a new word today -- nescient! Very interesting poem! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another revelation. Purely awesome

    ReplyDelete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...