Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday Fun Day - Crambo aka Bouts Rimés - Seal

Bouts Rimés means "rhymed ends" in French and is a game or challenge where one person (me) makes a list of rhymed words and others (you) write the lines that end with those rhymes, in the same order in which they were given. It was known as Crambo in English and was quite popular in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Will you help me bring back this hip historical habit?
 
A sunning seal in Spain.
 
Seal
Deal
Feel
Better
Wetter
Sun
Fun
One
 
 
Above are the words.
Get writing rhyme nerds!
There will be no winner. This is just for fun
and the joy of rhyming a smile for everyone.

5 comments:

  1. Did you see that lonely Seal?
    How very odd, what's the deal?
    If you were alone, how'd you feel?

    Maybe he would be much better,
    if he left the land and got much wetter.

    I mean, what's he doing under the sun?
    The desserts not a place to have much fun.
    Especially since he's the only one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having grown up (mostly) in Phoenix and living now in CA, this poem makes me think I'm seeing a seal while driving to or from my folk's house. It would be quite an odd experience, but that is one hitchhiker I would pick up. :)

      Delete
  2. Let's Seal
    the Deal
    ARF, ARF...doesnt that Feel
    Better
    ummm, Wetter
    warm as the Sun
    oy isnt this Fun
    baby you are the only One

    haha...i am in a goofy mood...hey seals need love too...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! You came to the right place. I love goofballs. Funny poem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, Here's one from me...

    Such a slimy seal,
    Denying dogs a deal -
    Figures he would feel
    His bark is better,
    Whether dry or wetter,
    That he shines more in the sun,
    And knows more kinds of fun -
    So HIS pups are the only ones.

    ReplyDelete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...