Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thursday Thoughts - On Fashion and Style

Style Seeker
by Rachel Hoyt
 
image by posterize via freedigitalphotos.net
 
Style takes more than exclusivity
of price, place, and proportions -
Just as your clothes don't desire me,
I reject their required contortions.

I prefer upcycled, vintage, handmade,
(things rarer than your rustic khakis)
uniqueness no eyes can evade,
sophisticated sparkle at ease.

The thin 'rich' kids can keep you,
I've got my imagination -
Some may stick to your styles like glue,
but I'll make, mix, and match my own creation.

© 2013 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved


but I think thinking that makes them special is a guise.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

4 comments:

  1. Oh this has long been a thorn in my proverbial side--body image and everything--can you say "airbrush?" I knew you could...
    When it comes to lovin'
    And also livin'
    I say delight in
    The skin you're in! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I CAN say airbrush... but I don't think we need it. Beauty comes in ALL shapes and sizes and lives within. It isn't created by a fashion designer. All they can do is enhance it. :P

      Delete
  2. For those of you who are a plus size or more,
    you are shopping at the wrong God damm store.
    Use the net to find the stores that stock the goods
    We might adore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if you misunderstood the message of my poem or are just agreeing with it strongly, but I agree the solution is to shop somewhere else. My weight fluctuates both within and outside the sizes which stores like that sell, but I choose not to shop there no matter what. And, I find no need to go online to find my size. Being over size 10 doesn't mean you need to shop at a specialty plus size clothing store.

      Delete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...