Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thursday Thoughts - On Moving to Mars

Red Light, Red Planet
by Rachel Hoyt
 
image by Victor Habbick via freedigitalphotos.net
 
 
I will not pay five dollars for
a roll in your next show,
To leave my planet evermore -
You should beg me to go.
 
might help my health a bit,
For tat we know no tit.
Crater hopping sure does sound fun,
but dodging asteroids?
That space suit best be made to run
and locate nearby voids,
like the ones where your cameras
will be properly placed
to record gruesome last hurrahs
without being erased.
 
I'll save my dreams for the next flight,
planet, or galaxy -
The profit sharing seems not right,
I would rather stay free.
 
© 2013 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved
 

Thousands have applied to die on Mars.
Do you think it's because they want spaceships, not cars?

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

14 comments:

  1. Mars, it's a nice place to live. But I wouldn't want to live there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I'd say it's a nice place to fly to but not to roam around or stay. :)

      Delete
  2. mars could be a cool next place...once we are done jacking this one up..maybe we could vote on who we send...smiles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I wish we got to vote on who to send!! :)

      Delete
  3. So creative, Rachel... and I love the tone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will skip the crater hopping this time---great piece Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO cheese here...Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leave Mars to the Martians. I'd rather live long and rich on home soil. What a crazy idea. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly can't believe so many people have applied to live there. Thanks for reading! :-)

      Delete
  7. Lots of Rhyming and excellent timing.
    Even a rap or three. Thanks for the
    fun read. Maybe we could vote on who
    we send? Does voting actually count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the poem. Unfortunately there is no way to vote for who goes to Mars... Yet... That I know of. :-)

      Delete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...