Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wacky Word Wednesday - Percipient

Percipient
(per SIP ee ant)
 
by Rachel Hoyt
 
image by smarnad via freedigitalphotos.net
 

Someone proudly percipient
Is an insight recipient,
Has wisdom not incipient,
And will ponder 'til omniscient -
The persistent percipient.
 
© 2013 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.
Every week I rhyme and define a new wacky word.
Come on over to indulge your inner nerd.
And, please let me know of any weird words you've heard.
Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

12 comments:

  1. I may have to sit and think about a reply for a while. I like to provoke my thoughts before commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Percipient brings to mind
    Another word we'd have to hunt to find
    Perspicacity, like percipient
    Describes those with a keen sense of reality, the gifted recipients
    Of a brain not easily bent by others
    Those seeing one view, and coming up with another, then another

    Persipient and Perspicacity,
    words with a real sense of reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely related
      though my ears aren't inundated
      with their sounds, as you stated.

      :)

      Delete
  3. Another fun one,
    perhaps written under the gun

    in this contest you've again won
    you percipient one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. I'm still working up to your dare,
      but a percipient one is hard to snare. :)

      Delete
  4. an intriguing word...
    your rhyme it up well
    this is one i could guess
    by its roots...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A less rare word than the others? Yes.
      Yet I felt it was a worthy guest. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Rachel, you definitely fit the definition--
    At least I perceive you to be :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to think I am percipient, but I'll let you all be the judges. :)

      Delete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...