Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Fun Day - Crambo aka Bouts Rimés - Clock

Bouts Rimés means "rhymed ends" in French and is a game or challenge where one person (me) makes a list of rhymed words and others (you) write the lines that end with those rhymes, in the same order in which they were given. It was known as Crambo in English and was quite popular in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Will you help me bring back this hip historical habit?
 
 


Tick
Tock
Brick
Block
Nick
Knock
Tick
Tock
 
Above are the words.
Get writing rhyme nerds!
There will be no winner. This is just for fun
and the joy of rhyming a smile for everyone

7 comments:

  1. Watch the hand upon the wall. - Tick
    Watch the clock set in the hall. - Tock

    An hour glass, sands of a brick.
    Sun on dial, so do not block.

    Quickly comes the time of nick.
    When opportunity comes to knock.

    Until then waiting patiently. - Tick
    for the boiling of a kettle pot. - Tock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you worked in watching water boil. :)

      Delete
  2. Bitten by the tick,
    Tripped up by the tock,
    My head hit a brick,
    Burst right through a block -
    The damage? A nick,
    Bold proof of time's knock,
    How the click of the tick,
    Calms the shock of the tock.

    © Rachel Hoyt - All Rights Reserved

    (Wow, this poem really took me by surprise, flowing out of me quickly onto the page. I was laughing at the perceived difficulty of using tick-tock twice in a poem when I chose the words for this week's crambo game, but I am very pleased with the results.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the poem. Especially love the rhyming towards the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was really exciting to see the words flow out. :-)

      Delete
  4. Tick
    Tock
    i grab the Brick
    toss it down the Block
    Nick
    a car, Knock
    a can over, but hear no more---Tick
    Tock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe. I love this! Tick-tock and beeping noises drive me nuts!! :)

      Delete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...