Saturday, January 30, 2016

Two Tricube Poems About My Firey Personality

I decided to try out a new poetry form, the Tricube. A few hours later, I found myself staring at these two poems, wondering which one conveys my sentiments more clearly. I would love to hear what you think.

 image by Sailom

Heartfire
by Rachel Hoyt

I try hard
to tone it
down for you,

But flare ups
and blow ups
just happen.

My soul won't
extinguish
its heartfire. 

Copyright © 2016 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.
 
On Fire
by Rachel Hoyt

I'm on fire
all the time,
burning bright.

You love to 
watch me burn
and add fuel,

Then you say,
"Keep the heat
to yourself."
 
Copyright © 2016 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.


Thank you for reading! If you would like to see another side of me, visit me at RachelHoyt.com.

4 comments:

  1. I think both poems are really well written. But of the two I REALLY love the first one, 'Heartfire'.
    The line 'My soul won't extinguish it's heartfire.' is a beautiful thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeffrey! Sorry it took so long for me to see this comment. I've been a slave to my "heartfire". :)

      I'm glad you enjoy that poem so much. I needed that encouragement today. :)

      Delete
  2. esker, informazio oso polita eta oso interesgarria da, zorionez, erabilgarria da

    ReplyDelete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...